SMITHFIELD, RI – The Bryant University track team kicks off their outdoor season on Saturday March 12 in Smithfield. The Bulldogs will host both Long Island University and Merrimack.
The Black and Gold would also like to thank those who supported the athletics program and named an event. Complete list of donors below!
Meet: Bryant Tri-Meet
Dated: Saturday March 12
Time: The field trials will begin at 11 a.m., followed by the track events at 12 noon.
Location: Track & Turf Complex (Smithfield, RI)
Competing teams: Long Island and Merrimack
Live results: Timing 802
Direct: NEC Front Row (There will be three different broadcasts for throws, jumps and running events)
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Saturday marks almost a year exactly when Bryant’s outdoor season was cut short before the team started due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bulldogs have not competed in an outdoor track and field event since the spring of 2019.
- The Bulldogs and the rest of the Northeastern Conference have missed out on an indoor season this year.
- The men finished seventh and the women ninth in the 2019 NEC Outdoor Championship.
- The last time Bryant competed at Smithfield, the men’s team scored the most points in their history at the Black and Gold Invitational with 90.5 points. The points total helped the men to finish fourth.
- Senior Noah Tellier broke the 10,000m record with a time of 31: 47.59 in the last outdoor track competition at home in 2019.
- Junior Andrew Canale is the only returning Bulldog who was part of the 4×400 relay team that broke Bryant’s black-and-gold game record with a time of 3: 19.54 in 2019. He was joined by Alec Binette ’19, Brian Murray ’20 and Adam Winiarz ’19.
- On the women’s side, senior Shileigh Martinez begins the outdoor season after winning a bronze medal in pole vault at the 2020 NEC Indoor Championship.
- Juniors Julia Ayres, Sarah Freeman and Jason Dolan enter on Saturday after winning two All-NEC performances at the 2021 NEC Cross Country Championship.
- The first and second year members will make their outdoor debut at Smithfield.
Thank you to everyone who nominated an event for Saturday’s meet!
Hall of Fame 2008 Pursuit of 3000 Steeple Men
Hall of Fame 2008 Pursuit of 3000 Women’s Steeple
MacSweeney Family Men’s 1500m
Women’s 1500m Hall of Fame
Go Jake Go 400m men
Milk chocolate 400 hurdles for women
Blake Fenwick ’15 5,000m men
Maggie Mae (in honor of Shawn Nassaney) Men’s 4x800m Relay
3: 17.64 or 4x400m relay men bust
235 Seconds of Fun 4x400m Relay Women
McCabe Family 800m men
Ayres Insurance Agency 800m women