NORTH ANDOVER, Mass .– The Bryant College soccer staff ran for 205 yards and stored Merrimack to simply 178 whole attacking yards in a 14-7 victory Sunday afternoon at Duane Stadium.
Daniel Adeboboye paced Bryant’s speeding recreation with 141 yards on 21 carries, whereas Shai Younger added 54 and Ryan Clark on 28. The Bulldogs ran over 200 staff yards for the primary time since November 17, 2018 to Howard.
Defensively, the Black and Gold restricted Merrimack to simply eight first downs and had 5.0 sacks. Derrius Perryman and Joe Andreessen every completed with eight tackles, Andreessen including 3.0 TFL.
Bryant 14, Merrimack 7
Registers: Bryant (1-1, 1-1 NEC), Merrimack (0-1, 0-1 NEC)
Location: Duane Stadium (North Andover, Massachusetts)
- With the sport tied within the third quarter, Adeboboye was stripped on the objective line, however Jihad Edmond recovered the ball in the long run zone for the deciding rating.
How did it occur
- Bryant opened the sport with an eight-game, 49-yard observe. Adeboboye posted factors of seven, 14 and 9 to place the ball contained in the Merrimack 20. Edmond then acquired a six-yard reception earlier than a brutal passer name gave Bryant the primary and the objective. Younger hit him residence from three yards to open the scoring.
- The Black and Gold protection held Merrimack in examine for a lot of the half, posting three sacks and forcing a fumble. Jack Daly and Kenny Dyson Jr. every collected baggage solo, whereas Clayton McAlpine and Chidi Nna teamed as much as defeat QB.
- Derrius Perryman then stepped into the act as his bone-breaking blow left the ball free and Connor Payne was in a position to recuperate.
- Merrimack, nonetheless, managed to tie the sport with simply three seconds left within the first interval. Anthony interrupted a 44-yard run to place the ball to Bryant 20. Anthony then threw a leap ball whereas being hit and the cross deflected two Bulldogs and into the palms of a Warrior broad receiver for the landing.
- Bryant took the lead opening the second half with a 10-play, 75-yard drive that took 5.15 am. Adeboboye opened the disc with a 20-yard run and Younger’s 29-yard run put the ball to Merrimack 11. Clark threw a Merrimack defender to place the ball within the 5 and two performs later, Adeboboye misplaced the ball in the direction of the objective line. Edmond, nonetheless, picked up the ball vigilantly for the rating.
- The Black and Gold protection did the remaining, limiting Merrimack to simply two first tries the remainder of the sport.
- Bryant edged out Merrimack, 237-178.
- The Bulldogs had 17 first downs and restricted Merrimack to eight.
- Bryant solely allowed Merrimack two first downs within the second half.
- The Bulldogs ran 205 yards as a staff.
- Bryant held Merrimack all the way down to a 1-in-12 efficiency on the third down.
- Adeboboye amassed 141 yards on 21 carries.
- Younger added 54 yards and a landing on 15 carries.
- Ryan Clark rushed for 28 yards on 9 carries.
- Edmond caught 4 assists, a staff excessive, and likewise scored a landing.
- Andreessen had eight tackles, 1.0 sack and three.0 TFL.
- Perryman added eight tackles, a sack and a pressured fumble.
- Daly and Dyson Jr. every posted a bag. Nna and McAlpine shared a sack, with Nna ending with 1.5 TFL.
- Bryant held an opponent to seven factors or much less for the primary time since September 5, 2015 towards American Worldwide. That is the primary DI opponent they’ve held at seven factors or much less since November 1, 2014 towards the CCSU.
- The Bulldogs have now gained 9 straight video games towards the Warriors.
- Adeboboye signed his second profession 100-yard recreation.
- Younger scored his first profession TD in victory.
- Perryman, Dyson Jr., Nna, and McAlpine all picked up their first-career sacks.
- Andreessen now has 7.5 TFL within the first two video games.
Bryant welcomes Wagner to Beirne Stadium subsequent Sunday. Kick-off is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.