Bryant University Athletics is pleased to announce that a limited number of Bryant students, faculty and staff will be allowed to attend home outdoor sporting events this spring, effective immediately.
Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) guidelines state that only members of the Bryant University community who are part of the institution’s testing protocol are permitted to attend these games. As a result, only Bryant University Students, Faculty and Staff will be allowed to attend. Rhode Island state guidelines also state that all spectators must wear a mask and observe social distancing protocols. Bryant Athletics will have clearly marked seating for the Bryant community in attendance.
According to RIDOH rules, no parent or external member, including family members of students, faculty and staff, will be allowed to attend games on campus.
Entry into the competitions will require a valid Bryant University ID to swipe at the entrance and the Bryant University health check app.
Rhode Island state guidelines state that the capacity of the event cannot exceed one person per 125 square feet. Additionally, NCAA protocols state that there must be a 20-foot buffer zone between spectators and the competition area. Once the capacity is reached, the doors will be closed.
Bryant University outdoor sports facilities and capacity requirements:
- Beirne Stadium (football, football, lacrosse) – 400 teachers, staff, students max
- Conaty Baseball (Baseball) – 75 teachers, staff, students max
- Conaty Softball (Softball) – 50 teachers, staff, students max
- Athletics complex (athletics, field hockey) – 50 teachers, staff, students maximum
- Tennis courts (male and female tennis) – 10 teachers, staff, students max