SMITHFIELD, RI – The second-seeded Bryant University men’s basketball team welcome the third-seeded Sacré-Coeur to the Chace Athletic Center on Saturday for the Northern Conference semifinals. Is. The tip is fixed at noon
Saturday will mark Bryant’s seventh playoff appearance in nine qualifying seasons. It will also be the Bulldogs’ second appearance in the NEC semi-finals.
Opponent: Sacred Heart
Location: Chace Sports Center (Smithfield, RI)
Date and time: Saturday, March 18 – 12 p.m.
Watch: ESPN3 | Cox / Yurview New England | SNY | NBC Washington
Live Statistics: Handgun
Play Notes: Bryant
Social media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | # KEB1 | #NECMBB
Sacred Heart has a 19-6 Division I Series lead between the two teams. The Pioneers have won five in a row overall and five in a row against the Bulldogs at Smithfield. Bryant’s last victory over the Pioneers at the Chace Athletic Center came on March 4, 2015 in the NEC quarterfinals.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
Sacred Heart won third place in the NEC tournament due to a tiebreaker. The Pioneers and fourth-seeded Mount St. Mary’s finished with identical 9-7 scores this season. SHU is led by Tyler Thomas, the league’s top scorer with 19.4 points per game. Aaron Clarke is averaging 13.6 per game for the Pioneers, one of the youngest teams in the country.
WHAT THERE IS TO KNOW
- Bryant enters the NEC tournament with a 14-5 overall record and 10-4 in the NEC. The Bulldogs posted their best regular season in DI program history.
- Bryant is the No. 2 seed in the NEC tournament for the first time in program history. The Bulldogs are participating in the NEC tournament for the seventh time in nine years.
- Saturday will be Bryant’s second appearance in the NEC semifinals. They advanced to the semi-finals in 2015, falling on the road to Robert Morris.
- The Head Coach Jared grasso is in his third season on the sidelines of Bryant, having posted a record 39-42. He led the Bulldogs to a 29-22 record over the past two seasons.
- Peter kiss leads the Bulldogs with a score of 17.0 per game and finished fourth in the NEC with 17.7 points per game in the league. Kiss has scored more than 20 points on 10 occasions, including 7 of 14 games against opponents from the NEC.
- Michael green iii ranks seventh in the NEC for points, sixth for assists and 11th for free throw percentage.
- Charles pride was one of the NEC’s most improved players, entering the week averaging 12.4 ppg, 6.8 rpg and 2.6 apg.
- Chris Childs is one of the nation’s top three-pointers, ranking 20th nationally in 3FG per game. He made 5+ 3s in the game four times.
- Elisias Room ranks 17th nationally in blocks per game (2.5) and leads the NEC in field goal percentage (0.645).
Follow Bryant University men’s basketball on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for a preview of the program.